Sunday, June 13, 2010

5 peaks race 2

Race #2 of 5 Peaks Southern Ontario series is completed. Improved a little bit and was more than a minute quicker than the last time I did this event although the course may be a bit different than in '08. 36th overall but 4th in my age group which kept me off the podium.

36 JAMES RODGERS TORONTO 5152 1:03:59.4 5:13 M50-59 4/24 32/153

I have to be careful of where I start. I was hung up in traffic for most of the race. When I ran this event 2 years ago I had plenty of free air. I don't think I could have gained enough to make the placement but it would have been close, I was less than a minute back of 3rd place. I was stronger on the hills this than I was in Dundas, passing people instead of being passed, and still had the stride length to beat them on the downhills. On this Durham forest course you're spending a lot of time on hills so it's either run em or fade back. The down hills require some attention to footing though not as bad as Rattlesnake Point will be.

Right back at it though, 11ish miles today but at a recovery pace. Up bright and early tomorrow and I want at least a full hour in the mornings augmented by my noon time runs when I can get them in. A little more quality over these weeks as well, I need to push the tempo runs to a harder pace. We'll see what I can put together for the next 4 weeks.

No comments: